This includes all variants of Galaxy Note 10, including Galaxy Note 10+ and Galaxy Note 10 Lite.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 has officially launched and available on the market for quite some time – even now the Lite version of Galaxy Note 10 existed and has been released to the market. All Note 10, Note 10+ and Note 10 Lite are indeed another nice and superb device with a lot of cool features from Samsung.
Compared to previous Galaxy Note iterations, what makes Note10 stand-out and different from its siblings is the new Infinity-O display or people know it as punch-hole camera, plus its almost bezel-less display and in-display fingerprint scanner.
Now if you are reading this, likely you are interested with Samsung Galaxy Note 10 but for whatever reasons, you haven’t got one in your hands or you have got one but a little bit pessimistic whether you are holding the original or fake one.
That’s the reason why I’m writing this article, compiling all the differences between the real Galaxy Note 10 vs the fake one, so that people won’t get trapped buying a fake Galaxy Note 10 and paying the real price for it.
If your main intention to go and buy the fake Galaxy Note 10 and pay it for the fake price, then it’s totally fine. You are getting what you are paying. However, there are out there, casual non-geek people (you may be one of them) who may get deceived by other people / organization, where these people intend to buy a real Galaxy Note 10, willing to pay for the real Galaxy Note 10 price, but they are getting fake Galaxy Note 10.
Before continuing, take a look at what YouTuber MayiAndJay is showing here. He pointed out all the differences between the real Galaxy Note 10 compared to the one of Galaxy Note 10 closest replica.
While above video showing you the earlier version of fake Galaxy Note 10, the video below shows you the 2nd generation of fake Galaxy Note 10, which scaringly similar to the real Galaxy Note 10.
How to check if the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / Note 10+ / Note 10 Lite is the real one.
As you can see from the two videos, the replicas are close enough to the real one. However, in additions to the video above, these are things you should check to avoid buying and getting the fake Galaxy Note 10. Sort from the easiest and obvious way to identify it.
1) Ensure the punch hole front camera is working. If it’s not, then you know that’s not the real one.
2) Ensure all the rear cameras are working and not just a dummy camera holes. Try covering all the camera lens, then while switching the camera modes to photo: try zooming in and out while uncover the camera lens one by one. The real Galaxy Note 10 will switch between lenses when you zoom in/out.
3) Ensure the ultrasonic in-display finger print scanner is working. Try registering with one finger. Then try to unlock with different fingers. If you never register that other fingers but still manage to unlock the device, then you know, it’s not the real one.
4) Ensure it has stylus (obviously it’s Galaxy Note!) and you can retrieve the stylus just by pressing it until you hear the click sound. If you need to use your fingernail to get the stylus out, well that’s not the real Galaxy Note 10. Also ensure, the stylus has the button you can click – try open the Camera, then click the button on the stylus, the real Galaxy Note 10 will capture image when you click the button on the stylus. No button means that the Galaxy Note 10 is likely to be fake.
5) Ensure it has wireless charging and reverse wireless charging capability. Samsung called it Wireless PowerShare. To easily test, bring any phone with wireless charging capability, activate Wireless PowerShare on Galaxy Note 10 by pulling down the notification panel, and tap on the Wireless PowerShare icon, then put the other phone at the back of Galaxy Note 10. If it has reverse wireless charging capability, it should start charging your other phone.
In case my instruction on Wireless PowerShare isn’t clear, take a look at this video below by WorldOfTech showing how to turn on and use the Wireless PowerShare on Galaxy Note 10.
I guess that’s more than enough list to proof that the device you are holding is the the real deal or the fake one. Good thing is that, you don’t need to be a geek to spot all those differences I mentioned above. At this moment, those phone replicators selling fake phones out there do not have all the technology and capability yet to replicate all Samsung fancy features, so we are pretty much safe so long you do all the mentioned checking above.
Do not only perform basic checks, like checking the box similarities, camera quality, AnTutu result and Geekbench results, because they are not so obvious and those replicators can easily do softmod (software modification) these results (Eg: AnTuTu or Geekbench, they can easily manipulate the results).
Tips to buy and make sure getting the real Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / Note 10+ or Note 10 Lite
If you are buying a brand new one, make sure to buy from official trusted store. You shouldn’t have issue or problem.
But what if you are buying brand new or buying second hand on some other markets, shops, or buying online, make sure the phone has those capabilities I mentioned above. Also if you are buying online, ask the seller to meet you in person.
Of course if the price is way below the market price, then you should raise flag and don’t rushing to buy before doing all the checking mentioned above.
For Life, Tech tips, iOS and Android Apps and Games quick review, do visit below:
Hi, thanks for reading my article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.
Live to Share. Share to Live. This blog is my life-long term project, for me to share my experiences and knowledge to the world which hopefully can be fruitful to those who read them and in the end hoping to become my life-long (passive) income.