Since iOS 14 & iPadOS 14, Apple has made changing App Store account or using multiple Apple IDs to access multiple App Store regions nearly impossible. Since then, the option to change your App Store account is nowhere to be found. Unfortunately, now in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, the situation didn’t improve as well – the option to change App Store account is still nowhere to be found.
What actually happened is, Apple did not totally remove the option to use multiple Apple IDs and did not remove the option to change your App Store account, Apple just buried and hid the option so that people don’t change App Store account as often as it used to be. On this article, I’ll show you how you can change your App Store account so you can make use of multiple Apple IDs to access different App Store regions.
For other articles related iOS 15 & iPadOS 15 tips & tricks, tweaks & news, get them here: iOS 15@JILAXZONE.
Or if you are looking for iOS in general, get them here: iOS@JILAXZONE.
- This article detailed the steps how you can switch your App Store account using different Apple ID to access different App Store regions.
- Although on the steps are mentioning iPhone or iOS 15, but the same steps are applicable for iPod Touch, iPad and iPadOS 15.
- For other interesting articles, head to: iOS Tip & Trick, Games, FREE games & stuffs, how-to and more at JILAXZONE.
- If you find this article / content inside is already obsolete, do let me know by commenting on the comment section below so that I can update the article to reflect the latest process/news. Thanks.
Why one need to use multiple Apple IDs and change his/her App Store Account?
These are the most common reasons why people use multiple Apple IDs and require to change the App Store account.
1) Separation between work and personal account.
While it’s a bad practice to use one device for both work and personal needs, but in case you happen to do that way, you may want to separate your App Store spending between your personal and work related activities.
2) Need to access to exclusive contents available only on certain regions.
In case anyone wondering, I have US App Store account, but then today I don’t live in US, but Singapore. While as much as possible I want to make use of my US App Store account, but there are certain apps or games that are only available to Singapore market, hence I need the ability to change/switch between App Store accounts.
3) Discounted apps / in-app purchases available only on certain regions.
Apple App Store has tiered pricing for the same app available on different regions. If you can buy the same app for less amount of money, why not?
There are plenty other reasons why people want to be able to switch between App Store account, but those 3 mentioned above are the most common ones. What’s your reasons? Tell me your reasons on the comment section down below.
Here’s how to switch App Store Account on iOS 15 so that you can use multiple Apple IDs to access different App Store regions
1) Open the Apple App Store.
2) Inside App Store, under Today tab, tap on your Apple ID icon, located on top right of the screen.
3) Under Account page, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, tap on Sign Out to sign out from your current Apple ID.
4) Once signed out, scroll all the way back to the top of the page, key in your other Apple ID and Password.
5) Then hit the Sign In button.
Congratulations! You just managed to switch your App Store account to a different one!
Have you install iOS 15 or iPadOS 15?
At the time this article is written, Apple iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 has been announced however they are not yet publicly released to the masses. However in case you are an early adopter (like me) who would like to give iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 a try, here’s the official & legal way to do it: Updating to iOS 15 & iPadOS 15 today at JILAXZONE.
In case you read this after iOS 15 & iPadOS 15 has been publicly released, all you need to do is to go to Settings > General > Software Update.
Do you have anything you want me to cover on my next article? Write them down on the comment section down below.
Alternatively, find more interesting topics on JILAXZONE:
JILAXZONE – Jon’s Interesting Life & Amazing eXperience ZONE.
Hi, thanks for reading my curated article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.
Or if you wish, you can also buy me a coffee:
Live to Share. Share to Live. This blog is my life-long term project, for me to share my experiences and knowledge to the world which hopefully can be fruitful to those who read them and in the end hoping to become my life-long (passive) income.
My apologies. If you see ads appearing on this site and getting annoyed or disturb by them. As much as I want to share everything for free, unfortunately the domain and hosting used to host all these articles are not free. That’s the reason I need the ads running to offset the cost. While I won’t force you to see the ads, but it will be great and helpful if you are willing to turn off the ad-blocker while seeing this site.