No Wi-Fi, no problem!
Ever wanted to download apps or games from the App Store using Cellular data but you can’t do it due to Apple impose limits of only maximum 150 MB per app? You are not alone!
However, now you can do it. Even without the need to jailbreak your iOS devices.
Download apps or games from App Store using Cellular Data no matter how big they are
Here’s how you can do it.
1) First thing first, make sure you are on iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 or above
2) Go to Settings then scroll down and navigate to iTunes and App Store.
3) Under iTunes and App Store page, scroll down until you find Cellular Data section. Underneath it, you’ll see App Downloads. Tap on App Downloads.
4) Inside App Downloads page, you’ll see 3 options:
- Always Allow
- Ask if Over 150 MB (Certain people will see 200 MB instead)
- Always Ask
5) Obviously, tap on Always Allow to enable download apps or games from the App Store for more than 150 MB.
Bring it all together
Now you can download apps or games no matter how big they are, using Cellular Data as long as you opt Always Allow on the App Downloads settings. But as a reminder, do check your internet/mobile data quota too, otherwise you may end up with monstrous bill.
Are you not using iOS 13 yet? Here’s how you can get it ahead of everyone
At the time this article is written, iOS 13 has been announced during WWDC 2019, however it hasn’t released for public consumption. However if you curious enough to try, Apple has release iOS 13 in forms of public beta – means anyone who are interested is able to download it and give it a try. In case you are one of them, here is the link containing step by step on how to install iOS 13 Public Beta on your compatible iOS devices.
For Life, Tech tips, iOS and Android Apps and Games quick review, do visit below:
Hi, thanks for reading my article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.
Live to Share. Share to Live. This blog is my life-long term project, for me to share my experiences and knowledge to the world which hopefully can be fruitful to those who read them and in the end hoping to become my life-long (passive) income.