Tired of sending CV and résumé, doing few times interviews and in the end getting rejected?
With My Work, all those hassles are minimised. Thanks to the profile feature. If you ever take Uber for transporting you from one place to another, My Work app is simply Uber for finding jobs.
Perks up your profile with all your experiences and preferences in position, preferred salary, willingness to travel and how far, preferred working hours and most importantly your availability in the week and month so that when you submit to employer, they can quickly sort out and decide whether or not they want you without the need for you to physically come to their office for first time interview. All is done within the app.
2. Next is to put the best photo of yours, make it as attractive as you can – depends on what position you are applying for, but making yourself to look more attractive and energetic does help a lot.
3. Give your phone number and have it confirmed. Give the correct phone number, because My Work will send you the One-Time-Password for you to key in to the app.
That’s it. You are now officially registered. However, it will be much better and more compelling (compare to the rest who don’t do this – anyway these are optional) if you, within the mywork app, go to Settings and perks up the following:
– My Profile. Key in your residency status, address, race and religion, employment history and education.
– Work Preferences. Key in your preferred travel distance, minimum hourly rate, preferred roles.
– Availability. Tap on each day, whether or not you are available on that day to come to work. AM/PM or not available at all throughout the day.
– References. Put as many references as you can and have. It does really help to determine when employer picks and chooses you – in case they have similar profile, work preferences and availability.
Find other awesome articles, tips, tricks related to Life and Tech, iOS & Android quick review on:
1. Once registered, go to Search tab or Notification tab.
If you are looking for something specific, go for Search tab and key in your preferred position or company.
If you are not looking for specific jobs and just want to browse through the available jobs, you can go to either Search tab or more simpler to see at Notification tab.
2. Find your preferred position/role and the preferred rate/salary.
3. Tap if you see one that is interesting.
4. Check the gross hourly rate (yes, most important)
5. Check the position (second most important)
6. Check the job description whether it matches with what you are looking for and expecting
7. Check if there’s special requirements required
8. Check if any past experiences required
9. Check if any other terms and conditions
If all is good, tap on the basic terms and condition, telling that “No show and Late Cancellation, you’ll get banned from using the app”, then tap “Apply for This Job” button at the bottom right of the app screen.
Next is to wait for the employer to review and accept you.
So far, all the steps mentioned above are super easy and almost hassle-free, right?
Tips for getting a job
Everyone should have known all these, but I try to emphasize them for you so that you can quickly and easily land a job of your dream.
Put the best photo of you as your profile picture. Apart from perks up your profile, putting the best photo is the most important thing. Dress appropriately when you are taking the photo. How you dress and look, show who you really are. Try avoid using too much filter, funny emojis and things like that. Make it as attractive and natural as possible.
Tips for continuously getting a job
Do you know that first impressions are unforgettable? Your employer could asks you to come again tomorrow or the next day you are available if you are doing good – which means you now secure a job already.
These are the things you need to do to make your first impressions the best your employer see from you:
1. Attitude. Act nice but natural, show that you care about the job position you are applying and not just because of the money.
2. Language. Avoid using rude words.
3. Diligent. – try to give more than what your employer are expecting. Who doesn’t like to have a diligent employee anyway?
Bring it all together
Everything is now digitalized and mobilized even for finding and getting a job. And everything now is made much simpler – thanks to the technological advancements and in this case My Work (a.k.a mywork).
Find jobs without sending CV and résumé anymore with My Work.
Works where you want and when you want with My Work.
Disclaimer: Each employer has different set of ways and rules. Certain employer still needs you to send them your CV and résumé. Do check each employer requirements in details.
As this article is written, the company currently is rolling up in Singapore only – I’m hoping the company able to expand globally, so more people can get easy access to land them jobs – and eventually cut down the number of unemployment rate down to zero.
In case you missed it earlier, here is the download link.
Hi, thanks for reading my article. I do spend my time and efforts writing this article based on my own experiences for my own journal as well as to share the knowledge to whoever read it so hopefully they can get the benefit out of it
If you found and feel this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so my spent time and efforts does not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.