Valve’s Steam Deck all questions answered! Have a look inside in case you have queries / doubts around Steam Deck.
In a rather surprising move, Valve – creator of Steam, the PC game store – announced Steam Deck. A Nintendo Switch like portable console that runs PC games and for sure emulators! This article is created to cater for your curiosity about and around Steam Deck, from specs, to all tiny details about the new PC gaming console. If you can’t find your question(s) being mentioned down below, don’t hesitate to submit your questions to the comment section down below, I’ll be happy to help.
Without further ado, here they are. Hope you get what you are looking for!
- This article shared the detail specs of Steam Deck together with frequently asked questions about Steam Deck.
- In case you have queries, post them on the comment section below.
- For other interesting articles, head to: Steam Deck, Android, iOS, Games and Gaming, Tech, FREE Games and Stuffs and more on JILAXZONE.
- If you find this article / content inside is already obsolete, do let me know by commenting on the comment section below so that I can update the article to reflect the latest process/news. Thanks.
1) What is Valve’s Steam Deck?
In short, Steam Deck is the answer from Valve to Nintendo Switch for PC gaming. Steam Deck is the portable PC gaming “console”. Here’s the look and feel of Valve’s Steam Deck.
2) What’s Steam Deck specifications?
Here are Steam Deck specifications. Do note, Valve notified that these specs are not final. There may be (small) changes to the final hardware and design.
Steam Deck Front Layout
Here’s how Steam Deck layout looks like seeing from the front.
Steam Deck Top Layout
Here’s how Steam Deck looks like seeing from the top angle.
Steam Deck Back Layout
Here’s how Steam Deck looks like seeing from the back.
Steam Deck Specifications
|CPU||Cores: 4-cores 8-thread |
Type: AMD Zen 2
|GPU||Compute Unit: 8 Compute Units (CUs)|
Type: AMD RDNA 2
|Internal Storage||Available in 3 different configurations|
– 64GB eMMC
– 256GB NVMe SSD
– 512GB NVMe SSD
|Internal Storage Upgradable||No|
|External Storage||Yes, accept MicroSD / MicroSDHC / MicroSDXC|
|Screen Size||7 inch|
|Screen Aspect Ratio||16:10|
|Screen Refresh Rate||60Hz|
|Native Resolution||720p (1280 x 800 pixels)|
|Battery Size||40 watt-hour|
|Input||2 Analog Joystick (R3, L3)|
4 ways D-Pad
4 front action buttons (A, B, X, Y)
4 top action buttons (R1, R2, L1, L2)
4 front support buttons (Steam button, menu button, 3-dot button, other button)
4 programmable rear buttons (R4, R5, L4, L5)
|Sensor||Ambient light screen sensor|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac|
|Bluetooth||Yes, Bluetooth 5.0|
|Cellular Connection (4G or 5G)||No|
|Size||298mm x 117mm x 49mm|
|Weight||Approx. 1.47 lbs (about 669 grams)|
3) How much is Steam Deck price?
|Steam Deck Configuration||Price|
|256GB NVMe SSD||$529|
|512GB NVMe SSD||$649|
4) Apart from Storage capacity differences, is there any other differences between the 64GB, 256GB and 512GB Steam Deck?
According to Valve’s folks, the higher the Steam Deck configuration is, the faster the read & write speed of the internal storage. But apart from read & write of internal storage, the rest configuration and specs are the same for all Steam Deck configurations.
5) How’s the Steam Deck‘s Battery Life?
Depends on the game you are playing and the settings you are using, but approximately 2-8 hours. The Valve’s folks stated that playing Portal 2 using Balanced setting and 30 fps, you’ll get 5-6 hours battery life.
6) Is Steam Deck the same size as Nintendo Switch? How is the size of Steam Deck?
In width, height and depth, Steam Deck size is 298mm x 117mm x 49mm, while Nintendo Switch normal console is approx. 239mm x 102mm x 28.7mm.
So Steam Deck is not in the same size as Nintendo Switch. Steam Deck is bigger and thicker than Nintendo Switch.
7) When playing games on Steam Deck, are the graphic settings interchangeable?
Yes, like how you play the games on PC, you can change graphic settings and other settings within the game when playing on Steam Deck.
8) What’s included in Steam Deck‘s box?
|1x Steam Deck console|
|1x Power Adapter|
|1x Steam Deck carrying case|
Do note, these may not be final. More may be added in soon. Stay tuned!
9) Can you play Steam Deck on a TV or monitor?
Yes, with the help of dock and / or supported cables. Steam Deck has USB-C port.
10) Does Steam Deck come with dock like Nintendo Switch?
Steam Deck does not come with dock, however Steam Deck has dock but sold separately. As of when this article is written, Steam Deck’s dock is not announced yet, but confirmed coming.
Article continues below.
Popular on JILAXZONE today:
|Gaming and Games:|
> Valve’s Steam Deck all questions answered!
> 100+ Nintendo Switch Multiplayer games you should play today.
> Best 100 Super Nintendo games of all times.
> Beginner’s guide to Install and Setup Batocera on Raspberry Pi.
11) Can Steam Deck use another dock that is not made by Valve or Steam?
Yes, any dock with USB-C connector can be used with Steam Deck.
12) Does Steam Deck come with Bluetooth?
Yes, Steam Deck comes with Bluetooth 5.0.
13) Can Steam Deck use external wired controller, Bluetooth controller, wired / wireless keyboard or mouse?
Yes, Steam Deck can use external controller, keyboard and mouse – be it wired or Bluetooth. For multiple wired connections, dock is required.
14) What other peripherals can be used with Steam Deck?
Any peripherals that can connect via USB or Bluetooth can be used with Steam Deck. So things like Apple AirPods or Xbox controller, you can straight-away connect and pair to Steam Deck.
15) Does Steam Deck comes with LAN port?
No, Steam Deck does not come with LAN port but with the help of the dock, you can plug LAN cable into Steam Deck.
16) Is there any built-in microphone in Steam Deck?
Yes, Steam Deck has built-in microphone.
17) Does Steam Deck has Wi-Fi?
Yes, Steam Deck has Wi-Fi. Steam Deck supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
18) Does Steam Deck has cellular / mobile data / 4G / 5G?
No, Steam Deck does not come with cellular technology, so no 4G nor 5G on Steam Deck.
19) Can you play multiplayer on Steam Deck?
Yes, Steam Deck supports both local and online multiplayers. For local multiplayer, extra controllers / keyboards are needed.
20) Can Steam Deck‘s Steam OS run other application apart from games?
Yes, Steam OS is a Linux-based OS. So on Steam Deck and with Steam OS, you can run pretty much anything you can run on a normal PC, such as browsing internet from it.
21) Can I install / access another stores on Steam Deck, such as Epic Game Store or Microsoft Store?
Yes, you can access those 3rd party stores on Steam Deck. Steam Deck does not lock into just Steam game store.
22) Does Steam Deck support mods?
Yes, Steam Deck support mods.
23) Does Steam Deck hardware upgradable?
Apart from the external storage, Steam Deck hardware is not upgradeable.
24) Is Steam Deck available in my country?
Currently Steam Deck is only available on the following countries: United States, Canada, European Union, and the United Kingdom.
25) When Steam Deck is going to be available in my country?
According to Valve, information about expanded regional availability coming soon, so stay tuned!
26) If I order now, when Steam Deck starts shipping?
Depends on your slot, but Steam Deck starts shipping on December 2021. Exact date to be updated soon.
27) Where to order Steam Deck?
For those who live in the countries where Steam Deck is available, here’s how you can make your reservation / order.
|Link to reserve / order your Steam Deck||https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck|
Here’s how Steam Deck menu looks like and how the game played on Steam Deck
How do you like Steam Deck? Are you ordering one? Leave the thoughts and comments on the comment section down below.
Oh, if you have questions which you can’t find them being mentioned above, don’t hesitate to throw them on the comment section too, I’ll be happy to assist.
Do you have anything you want me to cover on my next article? Write them down on the comment section down below.
Alternatively, find more interesting topics on JILAXZONE:
JILAXZONE – Jon’s Interesting Life & Amazing eXperience ZONE.
Hi, thanks for reading my curated article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.
Or if you wish, you can also buy me a coffee:
Live to Share. Share to Live. This blog is my life-long term project, for me to share my experiences and knowledge to the world which hopefully can be fruitful to those who read them and in the end hoping to become my life-long (passive) income.
My apologies. If you see ads appearing on this site and getting annoyed or disturb by them. As much as I want to share everything for free, unfortunately the domain and hosting used to host all these articles are not free. That’s the reason I need the ads running to offset the cost. While I won’t force you to see the ads, but it will be great and helpful if you are willing to turn off the ad-blocker while seeing this site.