Rower’s Bay is a stunning place to enjoy a beautiful sunset accompanied by stunning sceneries
- Another place worth visiting in Singapore if you like nature, exploration and something different
- Check out the video, read on the recommendation on the best time to visit and things you need to carry with you before going here
- Check out other recommended places in Singapore worth visiting at the bottom of this article
- For other interesting articles like this, do check Singapore, Travel and more at JILAXZONE
Rower’s Bay – also known as Rower’s Bay Park – is one of the place where you can rest and relax while enjoying the scenery of river, fishing, jogging or do leisure strolling and if you come on the right time, Rower’s Bay is also one of the best place to experience the sunset.
One picture worth a thousand words, one video should worth even more. Have a look on my video below – to see yourself what I’m talking about.
Rower’s Bay location
Spanning across Sungei Sopok and along the ~2KM Seletar Club Road, Rower’s Bay sits nicely next to the Yishun Dam.
Here’s the exact location of Rower’s Bay (feel free to zoom in/out):
Just in case you can’t see the live map above, use this link to get the same: https://goo.gl/maps/cYpywrGPLjMaPZa88.
How to get to Rower’s Bay
This is how you can get to Rower’s Bay.
|Address||Seletar Club Road, Seletar|
|Admission fee||$0 a.k.a FREE|
|How to go here||By Bus: Take service 103, 117 and alight on Bef Shell Aviation or Aft Shell Aviation, then walk to Rower’s Bay|
By MRT: –
By Private Transport: There’s a public car park in Rower’s Bay area
Unfortunately there’s no MRT nearby Rower’s Bay, so you have to go here either by public bus or by other means of transport.
Best time to visit Rower’s Bay
Singapore is a tropical country where the sunlight can easily burn your skin. Unless you like to get sun-burnt, my recommendation would be to visit there starting from 6AM-8AM in the morning, so you can enjoy the freshness of the surrounding tress and river or 4PM-6PM in the afternoon so you can watch the sunset (~7PM). Any cloudy or light rainy day will do it too.
My recommendation for first timer is to visit the area on the afternoon, close to evening, so you can witness one of the greatest event, when Sun is calling it for the day: sunset!
Things you need to carry with you when you visit Rower’s Bay
These are my recommendation which mostly are optional, but recommended:
1) Camera. Especially if this is your first time visiting Rower’s Bay.
2) Water bottle. While there’s water dispenser in one of the hut, but I do recommend to bring your own water bottle, just in case the water dispenser is under maintenance.
3) Snacks (optional). In case you are hungry while you are on the park. So far there’s no nearby convenient stores found.
4) Umbrella. Bring umbrella in case of raining or to cover you from the direct sun light.
5) Mosquito or insects repellent. During my visit, I didn’t get bites by these insects, but just in case your skin is quite sensitive and to avoid getting bites by mosquitos or alike, then it’s good to bring the repellent.
6) Picnic mat & food (optional). In case you want to enjoy the river while waiting for the sunset.
7) Fishing rod (optional). If you like fishing, this may be a good place. You can fish in the designated place within the park or along Yishun Dam.
Other places & things in Singapore you should visit and know
Changi Point Broadwalk: check my review here.
Green Corridor: check my review here.
Sembawang Hot Spring Park: check my review here.
Thomson Nature Park: check my review here.
Places to go for first timer tourist: check my review here.
101 things tourists must know about Singapore: check my article here.
Singapore expressways acronym: check my article here.
Hawker centers scheduled closing date: check my article here.
Still hungry for anything Singapore? Jalan-jalan places, makan places, tips and tricks? Then go find more Singapore here.
Do you have anything you want me to cover on my next article? Write them down on the comment section down below.
Alternatively, find more interesting topics on JILAXZONE:
JILAXZONE – Jon’s Interesting Life & Amazing eXperience ZONE.
Hi, thanks for reading my article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.
Live to Share. Share to Live. This blog is my life-long term project, for me to share my experiences and knowledge to the world which hopefully can be fruitful to those who read them and in the end hoping to become my life-long (passive) income.
My apologies. If you see ads appearing on this site and getting annoyed or disturb by them. As much as I want to share everything for free, unfortunately the domain and hosting used to host all these articles are not free. That’s the reason I need the ads running to offset the cost. While I won’t force you to see the ads, but it will be great and helpful if you are willing to turn off the ad-blocker while seeing this site.