We are now on 3rd quarter of 2018. Where are you on your goals, resolutions and targets?
Where are you now with your 2018 goals, resolutions and targets?
A gentle reminder to everyone. We are now on 3rd quarter of 2018 already.
Yes, time runs so fast. Faster than I thought. It seems 2018 was just happening and yet here we are today in 3rd quarter of 2018. We still have 2 quarters left to achieve whatever we have pledged last year for your and my 2018 goals, resolutions and targets.
In case required, since we are still on 3rd quarter of 2018, you should have enough time left to make some adjustments to your goals or resolutions or targets if you see they are not making any sense anymore or if today you have different priorities.
Here’s My 2018 Goals, Resolutions and Targets Progress
At the beginning of 2018, I did pledged in 7 areas and each areas have their own targets to achieve. Read here to see my pledges back then. Since we are on 3rd quarter, I will share my progress as of 2nd quarter 2018.
1. As individual: In 2018 I pledge to do whatever I’m doing good in 2017 and to keep staying healthy, maintain good weigh – now I’m 70KGs, get life insurance for me and my wife.
Progress I made as of 2nd quarter 2018: Less than Great. Since Uber was closing here in Singapore, I never really do weekend “sport” – delivering food by walking to customer doorsteps. However I still managed to maintain my weight at average 71KGs. Both me and my wife have got life insurances back on last quarters of 2018.
2. As an employee and a manager: get certified on latest Technology, document the framework, create more helpful templates for peers to start working, be more caring to team members – making sure none of them are left behind in terms of skill development.
Progress I made as of 2nd quarter 2018: Still Lagging. No sight for me on getting the professional certification – mainly due to work commitments and recent project situations where my team and I are still catching up with the schedule to get them delivered on time. I made small progress on documentations and framework but not that much. On the last next 2 quarters I will have to spend more time on documenting the framework for the team to run and do better and faster.
3. As a future entrepreneur: to get more and steady passive income from jilaxzone.com and its spin off, to make my blog to be more users friendly and search engine friendly, to be financially free at the age of 35.
Progress I made as of 2nd quarter 2018: Good. On previous quarter, I implemented Google Adsense to my blog, while there’s no steady income yet from my blog and Google Adsense, but since implementing it on 2nd quarter and as of today in 3rd quarter I have got in total $150++ from it (Google Adsense). Not a big number but at least I got something rather than nothing. Hopefully by end of this year 2018, the amount is going to be enough for me to cover next year payment of both my blog domain and hosting.Check here how you can implement AMP pages and at the same time show ads from Google AdSense.
Find other awesome articles, tips, tricks related to Life and Tech, iOS & Android quick review on:
4. As an investor: in 2017 I managed to invest in government bonds, Bitcoin and my first property. For 2018 I’m looking to better diversify and be financially aware and savvy on financial terms and products to see how they can financially help improve my wife and my life.
Progress I made as of 2nd quarter 2018: Great. My wife and I managed to secure our house (now we are living inside the house) and from the security account opened on 1st quarter, we managed to purchase 1 local stock – though now the price is decreasing (means we are at the loss position), but we are planning to get more stocks/ETS in the coming months.
5. As a modern non-nomadic person: Finalize home purchase and move in to the new house.
Progress I made as of 2nd quarter 2018: It’s Done. Property purchase was finalized and we have moved in since early 2nd quarter of 2018.
6. As a husband: less gadgets time, more communication and time with wife, get a kid.
Progress I made as of 2nd quarter 2018: Good but can be better. Another area I’m lagging behind, but I do make progress on the less gadget time and to have more communication and time with my wife – though no concrete result yet (no kids yet).
7. As a human being: be more social, talk and willing to know more people. Be more on giving and forgiving.
Progress I made as of 2nd quarter 2018: Going Great. I have tried to talk to everyone I met – be it taxi drivers who sent me back from office to home or strangers I met on lift – at least I did say “Hi!” to them. Be less emotional and try not to take everything personally.
What about YOU?
Those are my progress as of 2nd quarter of 2018. How about you? How far are you from reaching your own 2018 goals, resolutions and targets?
Both you and I are all still have 2 more quarters to go to achieve them. So try not to give up so easily.
I did write an article about strategies, tips and tricks you can apply to help you achieve your goals, resolutions and targets. Be sure to check it here.
For Life & Tech tips, iOS and Android Apps and Games quick review, do visit below:
Hi, thanks for reading my article. I do spend my time and efforts writing this article based on my own experiences for my own journal as well as to share the knowledge to whoever read it so hopefully they can get the benefit out of it.
If you find and feel this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so all this goodness, my spent time and efforts do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.