PS5: How to use PS4 DualShock 4 Controller on PlayStation 5
- See how you can connect your PS4 DualShock 4 controller easily with PS5.
- Also check out the limitation when using PS4 DualShock 4 controller on PS5 on the paragraph below.
- For other interesting articles like this, head to PS4, PS5, Games and Gaming, Tech, FREE Games and Stuffs and more on JILAXZONE.
Have a few PS4 DualShock 4 controllers lying around and would like to use them with your new PS5 console?
Here’s how you can do it.
PS4 DualShock 4: Here’s how to pair and use it on PS5
These are the steps you need to pair and use the PS4 DualShock 4 controller on PS5 console:
1) Get a micro USB cable. You can’t use the DualSense cable that comes with the PS5, since DualShock 4 is using micro USB port, while DualSense is using USB-C.
2) Plug the micro USB cable, one end to PlayStation 5 and the other end to DualShock 4. The light bar on DualShock 4 will turn orange.
3) Press the PS button to pair. Once pressed, the DualShock 4 controller will be paired to the PS5 console.
4) Assign the user to use DualShock 4 controller. Select from the available users from the screen.
Once done, you can now use PS4 DualShock 4 on PS5.
However, do note: DualShock 4 controller is only compatible on PS5 Home screen and while you are playing PS4 games. Playing PS5 games with DualShock 4 is NOT supported – not at the moment, not sure as well whether Sony will make it compatible in the coming future. I do hope so.
PS5 DualSense: Where to get it?
As you know, PS4 DualShock 4 – at least at the time this article is written – is only working on PS5 menu and PS4 games. In case you need extra PS5 DualSense controller to play your PS5 games, here they are.
Note: If you buy anything from Amazon using links above, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost charged on your purchases.
Do you have anything you want me to cover on my next article? Write them down on the comment section down below.
Alternatively, find more interesting topics on JILAXZONE:
JILAXZONE – Jon’s Interesting Life & Amazing eXperience ZONE.
Hi, thanks for reading my curated article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.
Or if you wish, you can also buy me a coffee:
Live to Share. Share to Live. This blog is my life-long term project, for me to share my experiences and knowledge to the world which hopefully can be fruitful to those who read them and in the end hoping to become my life-long (passive) income.
My apologies. If you see ads appearing on this site and getting annoyed or disturb by them. As much as I want to share everything for free, unfortunately the domain and hosting used to host all these articles are not free. That’s the reason I need the ads running to offset the cost. While I won’t force you to see the ads, but it will be great and helpful if you are willing to turn off the ad-blocker while seeing this site.