If you care a lot about your own privacy, you may want to check and do this to see if Google is tracking you and things to do to stop it from tracking you.
If you are using Android smartphones or tablets and using default setup, Google may tracks you and knows wherever you are going. If you are using iPhone or other iOS devices, you may be on the safe side, but that doesn’t mean Google is not able to track you down – since likely you are also using one of Google services.
Check this out to know how much Google know about you
1) Head over to this link: myaccount.google.com/privacycheckup.
2) If you are not logged in yet, do log in using the same Google account you are using on your Android or iPhone.
3) Tap on Start Now when prompted.
4) On Privacy Checkup page, there are about 6 entries you should check: a) Personalize your Google Experience, b) manage what you share on YouTube, c) manage your Google Photo Settings, d) help people connect with you, e) control what others see about you, and f) make ads more relevant to you.
5) My recommendation is to go through all the entries one by one and configure them based on what you are comfortable to share to Google. But in case you don’t have time or lazy to review everything, at least go and see the first entry: Personalize your Google Experience. More details on this below.
6) Inside each entries, you may find sub-entries. On each sub-entries, you have the options to:
- Delete the history
- Turn ON/OFF the entry
Inside Personalize your Google Experience settings
- Web & App activity – your browsing activities (and history) appear here
- Location History – your home, your office, your favorite movie and drinking place appear here
- Device information – any device connected to Google account, their activities appear here
- Voice & Audio activity – Queries your thrown to Google Assistant or Google Home appear here
- YouTube Search History – obviously your YouTube search history
- YouTube Watch History – what you have watched on YouTube appear here
Bottom line is…
Like I said, Google knows many about you and your activities and if you are not taking action now – reviewing all the entries, deleting histories and turning off things you are not comfortable to share with, you are giving away your personal data to Google and if for whatever reasons your Google account fall into other people’s hand (Eg: device get stolen), well, they know about where you live, what you did and so much more. Beware!
For Life, Tech tips, iOS and Android Apps and Games quick review, do visit below:
Hi, thanks for reading my article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.