The common question that I guess everyone is asking and interested to know is whether or not Apple iOS 13 compatibles with all kinds of Bluetooth Controller?
After WWDC 2019 event, the crowds – especially gamers – came to know that Apple is “soften” its MFi (Made For iPhone) policy by allowing Bluetooth non-MFi controllers to connect to any iOS devices with iOS 13 and up. PS4 and Xbox Controller were two of them. Then what else?
If you think Apple opens all kinds of Bluetooth controllers to be used on iOS 13 compatible devices, then unfortunately you are wrong. At least for now.
Tested on iOS 13 public beta 1, while PS4 and Xbox controller are supported, that’s not the case for other Bluetooth controller like the one made by iPega.
iOS 13 and up Compatible Bluetooth Controllers
So at this moment, list of Bluetooth controllers supported by iOS 13 are these:
- PS4 controller
- Xbox controller
- Any controller with MFi tag (Made for iPhone) such as Steelseries Nimbus
Here’s how to pair a PS4 controller to iOS 13
1) On the PS4 controller, press and hold down the PS and Share buttons on the PS4 controller until the top light starts flashing.
2) On your iOS 13 compatible devices, Go to Settings then Bluetooth and find DualShock 4.
3) Tap on DualShock 4 to start pairing.
Here’s how to pair a Xbox controller to iOS 13
1) On the Xbox controller, turn on the Xbox controller by pressing the Xbox button, then hold down the Connect button located on top of the controller for three seconds.
2) On your iOS 13 compatible devices, Go to Settings then Bluetooth and find Xbox Wireless Controller.
3) Tap on Xbox Wireless Controller to start pairing.
Bring it all together
Which Bluetooth controller you have with you which is not on the list above that is working great on iOS 13 without jailbreak?
If you have any, be sure don’t be stingy to share here to us!
Are you not using iOS 13 yet? Here’s how you can get it ahead of everyone
At the time this article is written, iOS 13 has been announced during WWDC 2019, however it hasn’t released for public consumption. However if you curious enough to try, Apple has release iOS 13 in forms of public beta – means anyone who are interested is able to download it and give it a try. In case you are one of them, here is the link containing step by step on how to install iOS 13 Public Beta on your compatible iOS devices.
For Life, Tech tips, iOS and Android Apps and Games quick review, do visit below:
Hi, thanks for reading my article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.
Live to Share. Share to Live. This blog is my life-long term project, for me to share my experiences and knowledge to the world which hopefully can be fruitful to those who read them and in the end hoping to become my life-long (passive) income.