Yes, you read it right. At the moment this article is written, the latest Apple operating system for their iGadgets, iOS 10, is available publicly for you to download and install it on your compatible iOS devices.
Do note that iOS 10 you are going to download and install to your compatible iOS devices is the beta version. Make sure you know what you are doing and what’s the impact on your iOS devices when you install it.
You don’t need to jailbreak, root or do whatever you call hacking/cracking to get iOS 10 beta installed on your iOS devices, instead you just need to do simple steps as follows:
- Head to Apple Beta Software Program page, directly from your iOS devices (eg: iPhone).
- If you are reading this, most probably you never sign up before for the beta program, click on the Sign Up button. Alternatively, if you signed up before, then click on the Sign In link.
- Once registered/signed in, make sure you are choosing iOS.
- Scroll down until you find ‘Get Started’, find and click on ‘enroll your iOS device’.
- Follow the steps given. Please do NOT skip any steps as they are all important.
- Download the iOS beta program profile from this link https://beta.apple.com/profile (have to be from your iOS device).
- Verify and install the iOS beta program profile.
- Once verified and installed, it will prompt you to restart. Do restart.
- Once restarted, make sure you have a good and stable internet connection and go to Settings > General > Software Update. You’ll find iOS 10 public beta 1 ready to be downloaded (at the moment it’s public beta 1, in the upcoming weeks, it can be public beta 2 and so on). Click on ‘Download and Install’.
- Once downloaded, it will start installing. Wait until the whole installation process finish. Your device will be rebooted to Apple logo with a loading bar. Once finished, you’ll see black screen for some time. Don’t worry. It’s normal. It will reboot your device again, showing the apple logo. After about 2-3 minutes, the loading bar will appear. Patient! You need to wait for the loading bar to finish.
- After another 2-3 minutes, then you’ll see the new iOS face: the iOS 10. Congratulations, you made it!
To be continue tomorrow 🙂 I’ll add pictures and more details.